2018 - 2019
- Hawaii International Film Festival - Daniel K Inouye Short Film Initiative - Student Showcase Nominee - "Aloha in Ewa Beach" by Kelly B., Jaeziah T., Lucas R., and Ainsley T.
- JVEF (Joint Venture Education Forum) Service Award - Challenge coin awarded to Cherish G., Noah R., Ilima S., and Jamie Lei B. for their service in documenting the JVEF Summit.
- Hiki No Fall Challenge - 2nd Place Middle School Category with the prompt "The Story Behind the Food," students Alana A., Khloe C., Ava G., and Ilima S.
2017 - 2018
- Olelo's Youth Exchange Statewide Video Competition - 1st Place in the following categories: "One Less Car On The Road" for the Start Living Healthy Category and "Save IT" in the Storm Water Hero category. Ian F., Alex R. Rylee W., Isabella "Izzie" D., and Camden I.
- T.C. Ching Inspired in Hawaii Video Contest - 2nd Place Middle School Video "In One Second" by RosaMarie, Tia, AnnaLeia, Kelly, and Mark.
- Hiki No Fall Challenge - 1st Place in the Middle School category for their interpretation of "Walking in Another Person's Shoes," students AnnaLeia, Aiyana, Izzie, and Rylee interviewed Lolita and why she has chosen to honor those dear to her as she understands her identity through drag.
2016 - 2017
- STN (Student Television Network) - 2nd Place in Middle School Crazy 8's Short Film Fiction by Sophia, Rosa, Skylar, Tiare, and Santino.
- T.C. Ching Inspired in Hawaii Video Contest - 3rd Place Middle School Video "Traffic" by Lynur, Colin, and Elise. Honorable Mention "Homelessness" by Alexis and Erica.
- HSDM / Hawaii State Digital Media - grant awarded for $2,000
- Farmer's Hawaii "Thank A Teacher" Grant - grant awarded to Mr. Toyota for $2,000
- Hiki No Spring Challenge - 1st Place Middle School News "Malama Honua: OSPCA" by Anna, Sophia, Kristina, and Ani
- 3rd Annual Leeward Student Film Festival - Multi-school film festival featuring work from: Kaala Elementary, Pearlcity Highlands, Ewa Makai, Ilima, Campbell High School, and Kapolei High School.
- Olelo's Youth Exchange Statewide Video Competition - 1st Place in the following categories: "Gentle Giants" for Forest Health Hawaii, "Heroes of the Drain" for Storm Water Hero, "Clean Energy Hawaii" for Clean Energy Future, and "Rise Up 2 Vote" for Vote to Rise. Honorable Mentions for "Middle of the Road" for News, and "Clean Energy Future" for Clean Energy Hawaii. Jonathan, Mark Daniel, Kristina, Lynur, Kiamana, Hunter, Jaelie, AnnaLeia, Liliana, Isabella, Sophia, Skylar-Lane, Elise, RosaMarie, Santino, Zion, Tessa, Paige, Alexis, and Erica.
2015 - 2016
- Olelo's Youth Video Exchange Statewide Competition - EMMS Media Club winners included videosin the following categories---"Animation", "Clean Water Hero", "Forest Health in Hawaii", "Meth: Not Even Once", "Start Living". The video "What are Trees to You" won 1st place!
- HOST school for HIKI NO - EMMS selected to be a HOST school for HIKI NO video productions.
- Aloha Harvests' Compassion in the Arts Competition - 1st Place People's Choice: 5 EMMS Media Club students (Kiamana Johnson, Collin Schimizu, Kenna-Seanne Casil, Alexis Akaka, Kamakakai Lau)
- The Hawaii Schools Digital Media Organization - Media Teacher Mr. Toyota and his media club awarded a $2500 grant.
- HIKI NO State Award - for Mr. Toyota and his media students for the "Best News Writing for Middle schools for video "Tech PE" at Ewa Makai Middle School on Sept 2, 2015
- STN (Student Television Network) - Honorable Mentions in: Middle School Commercial and Middle School PSA.
- Private School Acceptance - Club President, Kamakakai Lau was accepted into Kamehameha Schools for the 2016 school year!
- 2nd Annual Leeward Student Film Festival - Multi-school film festival with work from: Ilima, Campbell, Ewa Makai, and Kapolei High School
2014 - 2015
- Aloha Harvest Compassion in Arts Competition 2015 - 1st place Video Category: "Be Thankful" by Kiamana Johnson, Colin Shimizu, Kenna-Seanne Casil, Alexis Akaka and Kamakalai Lau
- Aloha Harvest Compassion in Arts Competition - 1st place awarded to student, Shawncy Rosie Cullen for her video. Her video will help Aloha Harvest raise awareness about homelessness and poverty in Hawaii
- Investing in Education Grant Award - Grant from the Hawaii State Federal Credit Union awarded to Ewa Makai Media for $2000.
- Schools of the Future Conference 2014 - The media team shared their unique program and resources with interested educators in a break-out session.
- Geographical School Acceptance - Club Member, Kael is accepted into the prestigious MeneMac program at Moanalua High School
- Leeward Student Film Festival - First multi-school film festival with work from: Ilima, Campbell, Ewa Makai, and Kapolei High School
2013 - 2014
- Olelo Youth Xchange; Best Middle School PSA - “Gender Roles Don’t Define Us” awarded to 2 students and the media teacher.
- Hiki No “Hammer of EMMS” - Best Middle School Personal Profile - (Broadcast Award) produced by the EMMS Media Company.
2012 - 2013
- Best Middle School Entry and Fan Favorite Video awarded to the EMMS Media Company by the American Diabetes Association of Hawaii “Diabetes Is…” PSA/Video contest co-sponsored by The Queen’s Medical Center"
- American Diabetes Association of Hawaii “Diabetes Is…” PSA/Video - 1st place winners for the first annual American Diabetes contest co-sponsored by The Queen’s Medical Center Video titled “Diabetes Is… Controllable” Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes”